US serial killer gets death sentence
Washington: A US man who killed 11 women and
left their decomposed bodies strewn around his house for more
than two years has been sentenced to death by a judge in an
Anthony Sowell (51) was found guilty last month of
aggravated murder, kidnapping and other charges in the 11
deaths, according to BBC.
In a court in Cleveland, Sowell sat with eyes closed as
Judge Dick Ambrose read aloud the details of each murder,
before passing sentence.
The bodies were found after police went to arrest Sowell
in October 2009 on a sexual assault allegation. His execution
by lethal injection was scheduled for 29 October 2012,
although it is likely to be delayed by appeals, it said.
Judge Ambrose described how the women`s bodies had been
disposed of in bin bags and plastic sheets, then dumped around
Sowell`s house and backyard.
The relatives of victims were also present in court to
hear the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16