US: Shooting at Buffalo hospital, one woman dead
Buffalo: The early morning shooting death of a 33-year-old woman on Wednesday triggered the search for a trauma surgeon and forced the lockdown of a Buffalo hospital as police combed the grounds for the gunman.
A person familiar with the investigation told a news agency that police are looking for Timothy Jorden Jr in connection with the shooting death of the woman in a stairwell at the Erie County Medical Centre.
Jorden, 49, a former Army medic who has been licensed to practice medicine in New York since 2002, treats patients at the medical centre and other major hospitals in the area. He has a medical degree from the University at Buffalo and trained at the Madigan Army Medical Centre in Tacoma, Washington.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.
Police blocked road access to Jorden`s home in an isolated area of private homes near the Lake Erie shore. Police commando team members in camouflage arrived in unmarked SUVs. A helicopter flew over the house then left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie