US: Shooting at Buffalo hospital, one woman dead
Buffalo: The early morning shooting death of a 33-year-old woman on Wednesday triggered the search for a trauma surgeon and forced the lockdown of a Buffalo hospital as police combed the grounds for the gunman.
A person familiar with the investigation told a news agency that police are looking for Timothy Jorden Jr in connection with the shooting death of the woman in a stairwell at the Erie County Medical Centre.
Jorden, 49, a former Army medic who has been licensed to practice medicine in New York since 2002, treats patients at the medical centre and other major hospitals in the area. He has a medical degree from the University at Buffalo and trained at the Madigan Army Medical Centre in Tacoma, Washington.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.
Police blocked road access to Jorden`s home in an isolated area of private homes near the Lake Erie shore. Police commando team members in camouflage arrived in unmarked SUVs. A helicopter flew over the house then left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city