US: Shooting at Buffalo hospital, one woman dead
Buffalo: The early morning shooting death of a 33-year-old woman on Wednesday triggered the search for a trauma surgeon and forced the lockdown of a Buffalo hospital as police combed the grounds for the gunman.
A person familiar with the investigation told a news agency that police are looking for Timothy Jorden Jr in connection with the shooting death of the woman in a stairwell at the Erie County Medical Centre.
Jorden, 49, a former Army medic who has been licensed to practice medicine in New York since 2002, treats patients at the medical centre and other major hospitals in the area. He has a medical degree from the University at Buffalo and trained at the Madigan Army Medical Centre in Tacoma, Washington.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.
Police blocked road access to Jorden`s home in an isolated area of private homes near the Lake Erie shore. Police commando team members in camouflage arrived in unmarked SUVs. A helicopter flew over the house then left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur