US: Shooting at Buffalo hospital, one woman dead
Buffalo: The early morning shooting death of a 33-year-old woman on Wednesday triggered the search for a trauma surgeon and forced the lockdown of a Buffalo hospital as police combed the grounds for the gunman.
A person familiar with the investigation told a news agency that police are looking for Timothy Jorden Jr in connection with the shooting death of the woman in a stairwell at the Erie County Medical Centre.
Jorden, 49, a former Army medic who has been licensed to practice medicine in New York since 2002, treats patients at the medical centre and other major hospitals in the area. He has a medical degree from the University at Buffalo and trained at the Madigan Army Medical Centre in Tacoma, Washington.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.
Police blocked road access to Jorden`s home in an isolated area of private homes near the Lake Erie shore. Police commando team members in camouflage arrived in unmarked SUVs. A helicopter flew over the house then left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it