US: Shooting at Buffalo hospital, one woman dead
Buffalo: The early morning shooting death of a 33-year-old woman on Wednesday triggered the search for a trauma surgeon and forced the lockdown of a Buffalo hospital as police combed the grounds for the gunman.
A person familiar with the investigation told a news agency that police are looking for Timothy Jorden Jr in connection with the shooting death of the woman in a stairwell at the Erie County Medical Centre.
Jorden, 49, a former Army medic who has been licensed to practice medicine in New York since 2002, treats patients at the medical centre and other major hospitals in the area. He has a medical degree from the University at Buffalo and trained at the Madigan Army Medical Centre in Tacoma, Washington.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.
Police blocked road access to Jorden`s home in an isolated area of private homes near the Lake Erie shore. Police commando team members in camouflage arrived in unmarked SUVs. A helicopter flew over the house then left.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'