US Shooting: Gunman’s weapons in ‘dead’ mother’s name
Washington: The 20-year-old man who took lives of over 20 children, including his mother, at an elementary school in Connecticut, reportedly used heavy-duty firearms that were allegedly registered on his mother name.
Wearing a military-style vest, Adam Lanza killed his mother after he stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, carrying a Glock 9 mm handgun, a SIG Sauer handgun, killing 28 people, including 20 children, before turning the gun on himself.
The two pistols were found inside the school and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle was found in the back of his mother`s car in the parking lot, the New York Daily News reports.
According to the report, all three are highly lethal weapons manufactured for combat and to stop criminals.
The semi-automatic Glock and SIG Sauer are the two most popular firearms used by law enforcement officers around the country and by private gun owners, the report said.
It has also been reported by some media organizations that Adam had apparently walked into his mother Nancy Lanza’s classroom at around 9.30am and opened fire.
It was unclear whether she died in the classroom, or earlier at her nearby home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH