US Shooting: Gunman’s weapons in ‘dead’ mother’s name
Washington: The 20-year-old man who took lives of over 20 children, including his mother, at an elementary school in Connecticut, reportedly used heavy-duty firearms that were allegedly registered on his mother name.
Wearing a military-style vest, Adam Lanza killed his mother after he stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, carrying a Glock 9 mm handgun, a SIG Sauer handgun, killing 28 people, including 20 children, before turning the gun on himself.
The two pistols were found inside the school and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle was found in the back of his mother`s car in the parking lot, the New York Daily News reports.
According to the report, all three are highly lethal weapons manufactured for combat and to stop criminals.
The semi-automatic Glock and SIG Sauer are the two most popular firearms used by law enforcement officers around the country and by private gun owners, the report said.
It has also been reported by some media organizations that Adam had apparently walked into his mother Nancy Lanza’s classroom at around 9.30am and opened fire.
It was unclear whether she died in the classroom, or earlier at her nearby home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured