US Shooting: Gunman’s weapons in ‘dead’ mother’s name
Washington: The 20-year-old man who took lives of over 20 children, including his mother, at an elementary school in Connecticut, reportedly used heavy-duty firearms that were allegedly registered on his mother name.
Wearing a military-style vest, Adam Lanza killed his mother after he stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, carrying a Glock 9 mm handgun, a SIG Sauer handgun, killing 28 people, including 20 children, before turning the gun on himself.
The two pistols were found inside the school and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle was found in the back of his mother`s car in the parking lot, the New York Daily News reports.
According to the report, all three are highly lethal weapons manufactured for combat and to stop criminals.
The semi-automatic Glock and SIG Sauer are the two most popular firearms used by law enforcement officers around the country and by private gun owners, the report said.
It has also been reported by some media organizations that Adam had apparently walked into his mother Nancy Lanza’s classroom at around 9.30am and opened fire.
It was unclear whether she died in the classroom, or earlier at her nearby home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations