US shooting: Gunman’s wife killed in spa shootout
Brookfield: The 42-year-old Zina Haughton, wife of the suspected gunman who opened fire in a spa killing three women, was reportedly also one of his shooting victims.
The incident took place on Sunday when an armed man wearing body armour burst into a beauty spa where his estranged wife worked in the US state of Wisconsin. The man, who was later found dead clutching a .38 caliber handgun and a bullet in his head, was identified as 45-year- old African-American whose wife worked at the spa in a Milwaukee suburb shopping centre.
The other victims are 35-year-old Cary L Robuck of Racine and 38-year-old Maelyn M Lind of Oconomowoc (oh-KAHN`-oh-moh-wahk).
Four more women were injured and remain hospitalized. One is in critical condition and the other three are in satisfactory condition. Their names haven`t been released.
Police say the suspect, 45-year-old Radcliffe Franklin Haughton, was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside the spa.
A court awarded Zina Haughton a four-year restraining order against her husband last week after she said he threatened her.
The incident was the second mass shooting in Wisconsin within three months. In August, six people were killed after a white supremacist opened fire at a Sikh Gurudwara.
Tushaus said the first officers on the scene found the building full of smoke from a fire believed to have been set by Haughton, who had been accused of slashing his wife`s tyres two weeks before the shooting.
A restraining order was placed against him and he was directed to surrender his firearms over a suspected domestic abuse case involving his wife.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat