US shooting: Judge delays plea in Colorado theater shooting
Centennial (Colorado): The accused gunman in last year`s Colorado theater shooting won`t have to enter a plea until March.
A judge on Friday granted a defence motion to delay the arraignment of James Holmes until March 12. The decision comes a day after the judge ruled that Holmes should stand trial.
Defence lawyers didn`t give a reason for the delay.
The lawyers might want to seek a mental health evaluation by a doctor of their choosing. The lawyers have said Holmes is mentally ill, raising the possibility of an insanity defense. The attack left 12 dead and 70 wounded in one of the country`s worst mass shootings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray