US shooting: Judge delays plea in Colorado theater shooting
Centennial (Colorado): The accused gunman in last year`s Colorado theater shooting won`t have to enter a plea until March.
A judge on Friday granted a defence motion to delay the arraignment of James Holmes until March 12. The decision comes a day after the judge ruled that Holmes should stand trial.
Defence lawyers didn`t give a reason for the delay.
The lawyers might want to seek a mental health evaluation by a doctor of their choosing. The lawyers have said Holmes is mentally ill, raising the possibility of an insanity defense. The attack left 12 dead and 70 wounded in one of the country`s worst mass shootings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites