US shooting: Judge delays plea in Colorado theater shooting
Centennial (Colorado): The accused gunman in last year`s Colorado theater shooting won`t have to enter a plea until March.
A judge on Friday granted a defence motion to delay the arraignment of James Holmes until March 12. The decision comes a day after the judge ruled that Holmes should stand trial.
Defence lawyers didn`t give a reason for the delay.
The lawyers might want to seek a mental health evaluation by a doctor of their choosing. The lawyers have said Holmes is mentally ill, raising the possibility of an insanity defense. The attack left 12 dead and 70 wounded in one of the country`s worst mass shootings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- China, North Korea envoys hold talks in Laos
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab