US shooting: Judge delays plea in Colorado theater shooting
Centennial (Colorado): The accused gunman in last year`s Colorado theater shooting won`t have to enter a plea until March.
A judge on Friday granted a defence motion to delay the arraignment of James Holmes until March 12. The decision comes a day after the judge ruled that Holmes should stand trial.
Defence lawyers didn`t give a reason for the delay.
The lawyers might want to seek a mental health evaluation by a doctor of their choosing. The lawyers have said Holmes is mentally ill, raising the possibility of an insanity defense. The attack left 12 dead and 70 wounded in one of the country`s worst mass shootings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre