US shooting: Two killed in Nevada middle school
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Nevada: A staff member at Nevada middle school was shot dead and two others injured, after a student opened fire on Monday, police said.
A witness revealed that the gunman was a student and was wearing a Sparks Middle School uniform. He shot a teacher as the latter asked him to put the gun down.
The suspected student was also killed. However, it is yet not ascertained whether he was killed by a self-inflicted wound or a law enforcement shot.
The motive of the suspect is also unclear.
The witness further revealed that when the teacher fell down after being shot, others ran away. Moreover, while they were running they heard four more shots.
Police has asked the parents and other students to stay away from the school premises.
Angela Rambo, spokeswoman for Renown Regional Hospital said that two male patients have been admitted in the hospital and both are minors.
In 2006, a boy opened fire at another Reno-area middle school with his father’s 38-caliber pistol and injured a boy and girl. A gym teacher was honored later for ending the episode by telling the boy to drop the gun and bear-hugging him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists