US shooting: Two killed in Nevada middle school
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Nevada: A staff member at Nevada middle school was shot dead and two others injured, after a student opened fire on Monday, police said.
A witness revealed that the gunman was a student and was wearing a Sparks Middle School uniform. He shot a teacher as the latter asked him to put the gun down.
The suspected student was also killed. However, it is yet not ascertained whether he was killed by a self-inflicted wound or a law enforcement shot.
The motive of the suspect is also unclear.
The witness further revealed that when the teacher fell down after being shot, others ran away. Moreover, while they were running they heard four more shots.
Police has asked the parents and other students to stay away from the school premises.
Angela Rambo, spokeswoman for Renown Regional Hospital said that two male patients have been admitted in the hospital and both are minors.
In 2006, a boy opened fire at another Reno-area middle school with his father’s 38-caliber pistol and injured a boy and girl. A gym teacher was honored later for ending the episode by telling the boy to drop the gun and bear-hugging him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar