US slaps sanctions against Iranian nuclear supply companies
Washington: The United States on Thursday slapped sanctions against four Iranian nuclear supply companies and one individual for procuring and attempting to procure goods for Iran`s nuclear programme.
These companies are Aluminat, Pars Amayesh Sanaat Kish, Pishro Systems Research Company, and Taghtiran Kashan Company.
The Iranian citizen is Parviz Khaki, who is alleged to have procured and attempted to procure goods for Iran`s nuclear programme that can be used to construct, operate, and maintain gas centrifuges to enrich uranium.
"Foreign financial institutions that facilitate significant transactions to or from the sanctioned entities and individual are exposed to potential loss of access to the US financial sector. We urge financial institutions to act in a manner that preserves their access to the US financial system by cutting financial ties to these companies and individual," the State Department said in a statement.
Iranian private sector firms should heed the risks incurred by conducting business with those who support Iran`s proscribed nuclear activities and should choose to focus their activities on legitimate international commerce, the State Department said.
The US will continue to investigate and research similar activities, and additional companies making material contributions to the Iranian government`s proliferation of weapons of mass destruction or their means of delivery will likely be designated, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands