US soldier charged with murder in Iraq killings
Seattle: A US Army soldier has been charged with premeditated murder in the deaths of two civilians during the Iraq war.
A Joint Base Lewis-McChord release yesterday says that Sgt. 1st Class Michael Barbera was charged in the 2007 killings. The charges stem from an investigation into the shootings of two people near the village of As Sadah in Diyala Province on March 6, 2007.
Officials say Barbera is currently assigned to Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska. They say Barbera is not in pre-trial confinement, but is awaiting a transfer to the Washington state base.
While Barbera has been charged, the next step is an Article 32 investigation which decides if he should be court martialed. No date has been scheduled for the Article 32.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!