US soldier charged with murder in Iraq killings
Seattle: A US Army soldier has been charged with premeditated murder in the deaths of two civilians during the Iraq war.
A Joint Base Lewis-McChord release yesterday says that Sgt. 1st Class Michael Barbera was charged in the 2007 killings. The charges stem from an investigation into the shootings of two people near the village of As Sadah in Diyala Province on March 6, 2007.
Officials say Barbera is currently assigned to Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska. They say Barbera is not in pre-trial confinement, but is awaiting a transfer to the Washington state base.
While Barbera has been charged, the next step is an Article 32 investigation which decides if he should be court martialed. No date has been scheduled for the Article 32.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical