US soldier killed after firing at officers
Houston: A US soldier was killed Friday after he opened fire at officers at an Army base in the state of Texas, a media report said.
Officers at Fort Hood found a suspicious vehicle parked near the main gate of the base in the early morning, reported Xinhua citing The Houston Chronicle.
While officers approached the car, the soldier sitting in the car shot at them and they returned fire, said the media report.
Officials were quoted as saying that although officers tried life-saving measures, the soldier died before emergency medical personnel arrived. No officers were injured.
An investigation was on. The 30-year-old soldier, whose name was not immediately released, was assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, investigators said.
On Nov 5, 2009, 13 soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen others wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood and opened fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’