US soldier killed north of Baghdad
Baghdad: The US military says an American soldier has been killed north of Baghdad.
A statement issued on Monday says the soldier`s patrol was attacked the day before in the Diyala provincial capital of Baqouba. It says the incident is under investigation and gives no more details.
The death raises to more than 4,415 the number of US military personnel who have died in Iraq since the war began in March 2003. That`s according to a news agency’s count.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures