US soldiers found posing with remains of suicide bombers
New York: US troops posed with mangled remains of suspected Taliban suicide bombers in a new macabre incident to come to light.
American paratroopers sent to check out reports that Afghan police had recovered the mangled remains of a suicide bomber, posed for photos grinning next to the copses with the local policemen, the Los Angeles Times reported today.
The US servicemen were sent to get iris scans and fingerprints for identification of the bombers, before their mission turned macabre. The paper identified the soldiers to be from 82nd Airborne Division.
The LA Times said it was not only time that the soldiers from the unit acted in such ghastly manner, adding that few months later the same platoon again posed for photograph next to remains of three insurgents who Afghan police said had accidentally blown themselves up.
Two soldiers posed holding a dead man`s hand with the middle finger raised. A soldier leaned over the bearded corpse while clutching the man`s hand. Someone placed an unofficial platoon patch reading "Zombie Hunter" next to other remains and took a picture.
The Army launched a criminal investigation after the newspaper showed officials copies of the photos, which recently were given to the paper by a soldier from the division.
"It is a violation of Army standards to pose with corpses for photographs outside of officially sanctioned purposes," said George Wright, an Army spokesman. "Such actions fall short of what we expect of our uniformed service members in deployed areas."
US army has already launched an official investigation into earlier reports of US soldiers pissing on dead Afghan bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand