US, South Korea hold military drill
Seoul: South Korea and the US on Friday staged one of their largest live-fire drill that involved fighter jets, Apache attack helicopters, armoured vehicles and around 2,000 soldiers.
The one-day exercise took place in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul, Xinhua reported citing the South Korean Defence Ministry.
The drill -- presided over by South Korean Prime Minister Kim Hwang-sik -- was aimed at checking military preparedness and war-fighting capabilities against enemy provocation, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS