US, South Korea hold military drill
Seoul: South Korea and the US on Friday staged one of their largest live-fire drill that involved fighter jets, Apache attack helicopters, armoured vehicles and around 2,000 soldiers.
The one-day exercise took place in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul, Xinhua reported citing the South Korean Defence Ministry.
The drill -- presided over by South Korean Prime Minister Kim Hwang-sik -- was aimed at checking military preparedness and war-fighting capabilities against enemy provocation, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official