US special envoy Holbrooke hospitalised
Washington: Richard Holbrooke, US special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, was taken to hospital on Friday after he fell ill at the State Department office, department spokesman Philip Crowley said.
Crowley said Holbrooke, 69, fell ill when he was working on the seventh floor of the State Department building, where the office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is located, Xinhua reported.
He, however, did not give any details about Holbrooke`s condition, saying the senior diplomat was in hospital for evaluation.
Holbrooke was appointed on January 22, 2009 as the special envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan by the Obama administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress