US special envoy Holbrooke hospitalised
Washington: Richard Holbrooke, US special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, was taken to hospital on Friday after he fell ill at the State Department office, department spokesman Philip Crowley said.
Crowley said Holbrooke, 69, fell ill when he was working on the seventh floor of the State Department building, where the office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is located, Xinhua reported.
He, however, did not give any details about Holbrooke`s condition, saying the senior diplomat was in hospital for evaluation.
Holbrooke was appointed on January 22, 2009 as the special envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan by the Obama administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred