US special envoy to OIC meets Zardari in Mecca
Washington: US special envoy to Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Rashad Hussain met Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on the sidelines of the OIC Heads of the State Summit in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
Indian-American Hussain also had meetings with the leaders from Malaysia, Mauritania, Senegal, Nigeria, and the OIC Secretary General.
"They discussed a number of issues, including Syria, the democratic transitions in the Middle East and North Africa, and US engagement with Muslim communities around the world," a State Department statement said.
He also had a pre-dawn Ramadan meal with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and other leaders from OIC countries, including Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
"Hussain`s attendance demonstrates the United States` commitment to working with our partners in the international community to support the aspirations of the Syrian people and bring additional pressure to bear on the Assad regime," the State Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL