US specialists arrive in Moscow to help put out wildfires
Washington: A group of specialists
from the US government has arrived in Moscow to help the
country fighting wildfires, a top American official has said.
The arrival of the team of US experts comes after a
telephone conversation last Friday between Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov,
during which an offer to help fight against the fires was
made, State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said at a
He said it was the US initiative to help Russia. In reply
to a query whether Russia had asked for that, he said - no, it
was Washington`s offer to help.
If Russia decides that it needs international assistance,
the USA will welcome an opportunity to take part, he stressed.
The specialists are from the US Agency for International
Development. Crowley said the American team had already met
with Russian colleagues.
Besides, he said the US Embassy in Moscow had sent a
telegram to the Department of State asking for permission to
let diplomats` children and other persons whose health is
affected by smog leave the capital for a while.
Crowley said Washington looks into the situation and would
shortly give an answer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!