US specialists arrive in Moscow to help put out wildfires
Washington: A group of specialists
from the US government has arrived in Moscow to help the
country fighting wildfires, a top American official has said.
The arrival of the team of US experts comes after a
telephone conversation last Friday between Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov,
during which an offer to help fight against the fires was
made, State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said at a
He said it was the US initiative to help Russia. In reply
to a query whether Russia had asked for that, he said - no, it
was Washington`s offer to help.
If Russia decides that it needs international assistance,
the USA will welcome an opportunity to take part, he stressed.
The specialists are from the US Agency for International
Development. Crowley said the American team had already met
with Russian colleagues.
Besides, he said the US Embassy in Moscow had sent a
telegram to the Department of State asking for permission to
let diplomats` children and other persons whose health is
affected by smog leave the capital for a while.
Crowley said Washington looks into the situation and would
shortly give an answer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400