US spy planes shot down outside air space: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian semi-official news agency says that the two US pilotless spy planes that Iran claimed to have shot down were targeted outside of Iran`s air space.
The Sunday report by Fars news agency quoted General Gholam Ali Rashid, acting chief of the country`s armed forces.
General Rashid did not say why Iran shot down the planes while they were flying outside of the country`s air space.
On Saturday, Iran said it had determined the two were operated by the US after earlier this month announcing their downing.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf, said at the time that it had no reports of any aircraft downed recently.
Iran originally said the planes were violating its air space. It`s not clear when they were downed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra