US spy planes shot down outside air space: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian semi-official news agency says that the two US pilotless spy planes that Iran claimed to have shot down were targeted outside of Iran`s air space.
The Sunday report by Fars news agency quoted General Gholam Ali Rashid, acting chief of the country`s armed forces.
General Rashid did not say why Iran shot down the planes while they were flying outside of the country`s air space.
On Saturday, Iran said it had determined the two were operated by the US after earlier this month announcing their downing.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf, said at the time that it had no reports of any aircraft downed recently.
Iran originally said the planes were violating its air space. It`s not clear when they were downed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM