US spy planes shot down outside air space: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian semi-official news agency says that the two US pilotless spy planes that Iran claimed to have shot down were targeted outside of Iran`s air space.
The Sunday report by Fars news agency quoted General Gholam Ali Rashid, acting chief of the country`s armed forces.
General Rashid did not say why Iran shot down the planes while they were flying outside of the country`s air space.
On Saturday, Iran said it had determined the two were operated by the US after earlier this month announcing their downing.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf, said at the time that it had no reports of any aircraft downed recently.
Iran originally said the planes were violating its air space. It`s not clear when they were downed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you