US spy planes shot down outside air space: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian semi-official news agency says that the two US pilotless spy planes that Iran claimed to have shot down were targeted outside of Iran`s air space.
The Sunday report by Fars news agency quoted General Gholam Ali Rashid, acting chief of the country`s armed forces.
General Rashid did not say why Iran shot down the planes while they were flying outside of the country`s air space.
On Saturday, Iran said it had determined the two were operated by the US after earlier this month announcing their downing.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf, said at the time that it had no reports of any aircraft downed recently.
Iran originally said the planes were violating its air space. It`s not clear when they were downed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble