US State Dept owns fleet of 192 aircraft
Washington: The US State Department has a fleet of as many as 192 aircraft that range from vintage of 1940s to 2010.
"We`ve got some 192 aircraft; 150 are rotary wing, 42 are fixed wing," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"The vast majority support our international narcotics and law enforcement affairs, counternarcotic and law enforcement assistance programs, specifically in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"So, primarily we use these for those programs. We also use them to move our personnel around safely in Afghanistan and in Iraq," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside