US State Dept owns fleet of 192 aircraft
Washington: The US State Department has a fleet of as many as 192 aircraft that range from vintage of 1940s to 2010.
"We`ve got some 192 aircraft; 150 are rotary wing, 42 are fixed wing," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"The vast majority support our international narcotics and law enforcement affairs, counternarcotic and law enforcement assistance programs, specifically in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"So, primarily we use these for those programs. We also use them to move our personnel around safely in Afghanistan and in Iraq," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened