US State Dept owns fleet of 192 aircraft
Washington: The US State Department has a fleet of as many as 192 aircraft that range from vintage of 1940s to 2010.
"We`ve got some 192 aircraft; 150 are rotary wing, 42 are fixed wing," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"The vast majority support our international narcotics and law enforcement affairs, counternarcotic and law enforcement assistance programs, specifically in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"So, primarily we use these for those programs. We also use them to move our personnel around safely in Afghanistan and in Iraq," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing