US State Dept owns fleet of 192 aircraft
Washington: The US State Department has a fleet of as many as 192 aircraft that range from vintage of 1940s to 2010.
"We`ve got some 192 aircraft; 150 are rotary wing, 42 are fixed wing," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"The vast majority support our international narcotics and law enforcement affairs, counternarcotic and law enforcement assistance programs, specifically in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"So, primarily we use these for those programs. We also use them to move our personnel around safely in Afghanistan and in Iraq," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...