US state executes man who killed college students
Jackson: Georgia has executed a 38-year-old inmate convicted of killing two college students in 1995.
Andrew Allen Cook was pronounced dead at 11:22 PM yesterday.
The two Mercer University students were shot several times as they sat in a car at Lake Juliette. Cook apologised to both his family and the victims` families. Cook didn`t know either victim, and authorities say the crime was random.
The Georgia Appeals Court on Wednesday temporarily stayed Cook`s execution to consider a challenge to the state`s lethal injection procedure. But the Georgia Supreme Court lifted the stay yesterday. Other appeals were exhausted.
Cook was the first inmate to be executed since the state changed its execution procedure in July from a three-drug combination to a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living