US state executes man who killed college students
Jackson: Georgia has executed a 38-year-old inmate convicted of killing two college students in 1995.
Andrew Allen Cook was pronounced dead at 11:22 PM yesterday.
The two Mercer University students were shot several times as they sat in a car at Lake Juliette. Cook apologised to both his family and the victims` families. Cook didn`t know either victim, and authorities say the crime was random.
The Georgia Appeals Court on Wednesday temporarily stayed Cook`s execution to consider a challenge to the state`s lethal injection procedure. But the Georgia Supreme Court lifted the stay yesterday. Other appeals were exhausted.
Cook was the first inmate to be executed since the state changed its execution procedure in July from a three-drug combination to a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post