US state executes man who killed college students
Jackson: Georgia has executed a 38-year-old inmate convicted of killing two college students in 1995.
Andrew Allen Cook was pronounced dead at 11:22 PM yesterday.
The two Mercer University students were shot several times as they sat in a car at Lake Juliette. Cook apologised to both his family and the victims` families. Cook didn`t know either victim, and authorities say the crime was random.
The Georgia Appeals Court on Wednesday temporarily stayed Cook`s execution to consider a challenge to the state`s lethal injection procedure. But the Georgia Supreme Court lifted the stay yesterday. Other appeals were exhausted.
Cook was the first inmate to be executed since the state changed its execution procedure in July from a three-drug combination to a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives