US state executes man who killed college students
Jackson: Georgia has executed a 38-year-old inmate convicted of killing two college students in 1995.
Andrew Allen Cook was pronounced dead at 11:22 PM yesterday.
The two Mercer University students were shot several times as they sat in a car at Lake Juliette. Cook apologised to both his family and the victims` families. Cook didn`t know either victim, and authorities say the crime was random.
The Georgia Appeals Court on Wednesday temporarily stayed Cook`s execution to consider a challenge to the state`s lethal injection procedure. But the Georgia Supreme Court lifted the stay yesterday. Other appeals were exhausted.
Cook was the first inmate to be executed since the state changed its execution procedure in July from a three-drug combination to a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA