US state executes man who killed college students
Jackson: Georgia has executed a 38-year-old inmate convicted of killing two college students in 1995.
Andrew Allen Cook was pronounced dead at 11:22 PM yesterday.
The two Mercer University students were shot several times as they sat in a car at Lake Juliette. Cook apologised to both his family and the victims` families. Cook didn`t know either victim, and authorities say the crime was random.
The Georgia Appeals Court on Wednesday temporarily stayed Cook`s execution to consider a challenge to the state`s lethal injection procedure. But the Georgia Supreme Court lifted the stay yesterday. Other appeals were exhausted.
Cook was the first inmate to be executed since the state changed its execution procedure in July from a three-drug combination to a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead