US stresses on action against Haqqani network
Washington: The US has stressed on the need of taking action against the dreaded Haqqani network by Pakistan, for which it is continuing dialogue with Islamabad.
"With regard to Haqqani, our position is unchanged which is that we`ve designated a number of the kingpins, and we`re continuing to look at the larger question of designation," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"We are continuing our dialogue with Pakistan about how it can do as much as it can to close down the space for those affiliated with Haqqani to perpetrate terror," she said in response to a question.
The Haqqani network is linked to Afghan Taliban and is accused of carrying out a number of attacks against American and Indian interests in Afghanistan.
The State Department spokesperson said there is need for better co-ordination between the US, Afghanistan and Pakistan on the issue of cross border terrorism in the region.
"Obviously, this is something that we`ve been stressing for many, many months, that the best way to deal with the Haqqani threat and with the threat that crosses borders is for Afghanistan, Pakistan, and ISAF to work together in joint operations, joint planning, joint pressure that squeezes these terrorists and doesn’t allow them to run back and forth across the border," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31