‘US supportive of Russians’ rights, aspirations’
Brussels: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the US supports the "rights and aspirations" of Russians.
Clinton`s latest statement came two days after her comments on the Russian parliamentary elections triggered criticism from Moscow, Xinhua reported.
"We expressed concerns that we saw were well-founded about the conduct of the elections," Clinton told reporters in Brussels.
"And we are supportive of the rights and aspirations of the Russian people to be able to make progress and to realise better future for themselves. And we hope to see that unfold in the years ahead," she said.
On Tuesday, Clinton said that the Sunday`s Russian Duma elections were "neither free nor fair."
The Russian foreign ministry said Clinton`s comment was "unacceptable" and asked the US to refrain from interfering in Russia`s internal affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!