‘US supportive of Russians’ rights, aspirations’
Brussels: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the US supports the "rights and aspirations" of Russians.
Clinton`s latest statement came two days after her comments on the Russian parliamentary elections triggered criticism from Moscow, Xinhua reported.
"We expressed concerns that we saw were well-founded about the conduct of the elections," Clinton told reporters in Brussels.
"And we are supportive of the rights and aspirations of the Russian people to be able to make progress and to realise better future for themselves. And we hope to see that unfold in the years ahead," she said.
On Tuesday, Clinton said that the Sunday`s Russian Duma elections were "neither free nor fair."
The Russian foreign ministry said Clinton`s comment was "unacceptable" and asked the US to refrain from interfering in Russia`s internal affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter