US swine flu deaths rise to 263
Atlanta: Health officials say their count of US swine flu cases has surpassed 40,000, and deaths have risen to 263.
Hospitalisations from swine flu total about 4,800. The numbers, released yesterday, are up from 37,000 confirmed and probable cases and 211 reported last week.
Those are lab-confirmed and probable infections. CDC officials believe those cases are just the tip of the iceberg. They estimate more than one million Americans have been infected with the virus so far, though many probably had only a mild illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda