US teen charged in `Jihad Jane` terror plot
Philadelphia: A Maryland teenager has been
indicted on federal terrorism charges that accuse him of
helping the American terror suspect dubbed "Jihad Jane" with
her plot to kill a Swedish artist.
Mohammad Hassan Khalid, a legal immigrant from Pakistan
who turned 18 this month, allegedly helped recruit women with
passports to further the plot of Colleen LaRose of
Pennsylvania and others.
The indictment released today also names Ali Charaf
Damache, 46, an Algerian who lived in Ireland and married
another suspect in the case, Jamie Paulin-Ramirez of Colorado.
Paulin-Ramirez pleaded guilty to providing material
support to terrorists, the same charge now facing Khalid.
Khalid had been the rare juvenile in federal custody
since his July 6 arrest at his family`s home. He was an honors
student at his public high school who had been offered a full
scholarship to Johns Hopkins University this fall. He has been
held in Berks County.
"This case demonstrates that we must remain vigilant
within our communities to make sure that we bring to justice
those terrorists, of any age or background, who seek to do
great harm to our citizens," US Attorney Zane Memeger said in
The teen`s lawyer, Jeffrey M Lindy, did not immediately
return a call for comment.
Khalid met LaRose in an online chat room in 2009, when he
was 15, according to the indictment and a person close to his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune