US teen charged in `Jihad Jane` terror plot
Philadelphia: A Maryland teenager has been
indicted on federal terrorism charges that accuse him of
helping the American terror suspect dubbed "Jihad Jane" with
her plot to kill a Swedish artist.
Mohammad Hassan Khalid, a legal immigrant from Pakistan
who turned 18 this month, allegedly helped recruit women with
passports to further the plot of Colleen LaRose of
Pennsylvania and others.
The indictment released today also names Ali Charaf
Damache, 46, an Algerian who lived in Ireland and married
another suspect in the case, Jamie Paulin-Ramirez of Colorado.
Paulin-Ramirez pleaded guilty to providing material
support to terrorists, the same charge now facing Khalid.
Khalid had been the rare juvenile in federal custody
since his July 6 arrest at his family`s home. He was an honors
student at his public high school who had been offered a full
scholarship to Johns Hopkins University this fall. He has been
held in Berks County.
"This case demonstrates that we must remain vigilant
within our communities to make sure that we bring to justice
those terrorists, of any age or background, who seek to do
great harm to our citizens," US Attorney Zane Memeger said in
The teen`s lawyer, Jeffrey M Lindy, did not immediately
return a call for comment.
Khalid met LaRose in an online chat room in 2009, when he
was 15, according to the indictment and a person close to his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report