US teen hitches ride on 30 foot shark
Melbourne: A 19-year-old US teen has become an internet sensation after hitching a daring ride on the back of a massive 30 foot-long whale shark.
Chris Kreis from Florida came face to face with a 22680kg whale shark while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico last week, then hopped on the animal`s back and went for a spin.
Kreis` YouTube video has drawn more than 100,000 views since he posted it last week.
The incredible encounter happened 48.3km off the Captiva`s coast, where the teen ran into the boat-sized fish, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
Kreis jumped on the shark`s back, grabbed hold of its fin and rode it for about 20 seconds. He later posted a video of his adventure on YouTube.
"When I started holding on I felt the whale shark it started moving itself, it felt the drag and it didn`t really want me on there so I let go and that`s it," Kreis told local TV station NBC 2.
Whale sharks are the largest fish in the sea reaching lengths of 40 feet or more, the report said.
Kreis boasted on Facebook last week that his encounter with the critter was an "unbelievable experience".
Kreis confessed that he had no idea that his actions could be harmful to the animal`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31