US teen hitches ride on 30 foot shark
Melbourne: A 19-year-old US teen has become an internet sensation after hitching a daring ride on the back of a massive 30 foot-long whale shark.
Chris Kreis from Florida came face to face with a 22680kg whale shark while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico last week, then hopped on the animal`s back and went for a spin.
Kreis` YouTube video has drawn more than 100,000 views since he posted it last week.
The incredible encounter happened 48.3km off the Captiva`s coast, where the teen ran into the boat-sized fish, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
Kreis jumped on the shark`s back, grabbed hold of its fin and rode it for about 20 seconds. He later posted a video of his adventure on YouTube.
"When I started holding on I felt the whale shark it started moving itself, it felt the drag and it didn`t really want me on there so I let go and that`s it," Kreis told local TV station NBC 2.
Whale sharks are the largest fish in the sea reaching lengths of 40 feet or more, the report said.
Kreis boasted on Facebook last week that his encounter with the critter was an "unbelievable experience".
Kreis confessed that he had no idea that his actions could be harmful to the animal`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO