US: Teen in car bomb plot held in protective custody
Portland: Authorities say the 19-year-old man accused in an alleged plot to bomb Portland`s holiday tree-lighting ceremony is being kept away from other prisoners.
Multnomah County sheriff`s chief deputy Michael Shults tells the Oregonian that Mohamed Mohamud is in protective custody at the downtown Justice Centre jail, but there is no known threat against him.
Shults says a lot of jail inmates had friends and relatives at the November 26 lighting ceremony.
Records show he does receive visits from relatives and his defence team.
The FBI said it arrested him after a sting operation that featured six oil drums rigged to look like a bomb and placed in a van.
Mohamud has pleaded not guilty to attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in