US: Three killed in Pennsylvania; girl kidnapped
Quincy: A man in south-central Pennsylvania confronting his wife about custody arrangements for their daughter shot dead three people, then fled with the four-year-old girl before the two were found about 400 kilometres away in Ohio, authorities said on Saturday.
Kevin Matthew Cleeves was trying to contact his wife on Friday to make arrangements to pick up his daughter Leia, but she didn`t answer the phone, so he went to a home in Quincy Township, the (Waynesboro) Record-Herald reported, citing court records.
Police said Cleeves, 35, found a woman and man sitting in a car and began arguing with them, then was ordered to leave. He then shot dead both of them and another woman and took the girl, authorities alleged.
An alert was issued last night but was cancelled hours later after the pair were found in Austintown in northeastern Ohio, outside Youngstown.
Cleeves was arrested in the three last deaths Friday night in Quincy Township, Pennsylvania state police Trooper Adam Reed. Police had said earlier that Cleeves should be considered "armed and dangerous as well as suicidal”. Cleeves was charged with three counts of criminal homicide today, according to court records.
Reed would not give other information about the deaths, including the names of the victims and their relationship to Cleeves, but said more details would be released later today.
Court records did not list an attorney for Cleeves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India