US to construct tube wells in Nepal to serve durin
Kathmandu: The US today pledged to provide financial assistance for the construction of deep tube wells here to provide safe drinking water to the citizens in case of an emergency.
An MoU was signed between the US Embassy and the Armed Police Force to construct deep tube wells near designated open spaces in the Kathmandu valley, according to a press release issued by the US Embassy here.
These wells will allow the Armed Police Force to better serve people in the event of a disaster by providing safe and reliable drinking water to displaced people, the Embassy said.
Construction of one such tube well costs about USD 175,000 and a total of six-seven deep tube wells will be constructed in Kathmandu under the US assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'