US to construct tube wells in Nepal to serve durin
Kathmandu: The US today pledged to provide financial assistance for the construction of deep tube wells here to provide safe drinking water to the citizens in case of an emergency.
An MoU was signed between the US Embassy and the Armed Police Force to construct deep tube wells near designated open spaces in the Kathmandu valley, according to a press release issued by the US Embassy here.
These wells will allow the Armed Police Force to better serve people in the event of a disaster by providing safe and reliable drinking water to displaced people, the Embassy said.
Construction of one such tube well costs about USD 175,000 and a total of six-seven deep tube wells will be constructed in Kathmandu under the US assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what