US to demand opening of Iranian nuclear site: Report
Washington: The world powers led by the US will insist in a meeting on Thursday with an Iranian delegation that Tehran immediately open its newly revealed nuclear plant to international inspectors, the Washington Post reported online.
The existence of the second Iranian nuclear facility was revealed on Friday in an announcement by US President Barack Obama, who joined with leaders from Britain and France to accuse Tehran of concealing from UN inspectors the plant, which is believed to be intended for enriching uranium.
Citing administration officials in an article posted late Saturday, the paper said that the six countries heading into talks with Iran - the US, Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany - would also seek access to documents and people where the tunnel complex is being built.
The six countries are due to meet on Thursday in Geneva with Iranian officials.
The Post`s sources said that failure to give a serious response by the end of the year would bring a strong push for harsh economic and financial sanctions with the intention of crippling Iran`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh