US to demand opening of Iranian nuclear site: Report
Washington: The world powers led by the US will insist in a meeting on Thursday with an Iranian delegation that Tehran immediately open its newly revealed nuclear plant to international inspectors, the Washington Post reported online.
The existence of the second Iranian nuclear facility was revealed on Friday in an announcement by US President Barack Obama, who joined with leaders from Britain and France to accuse Tehran of concealing from UN inspectors the plant, which is believed to be intended for enriching uranium.
Citing administration officials in an article posted late Saturday, the paper said that the six countries heading into talks with Iran - the US, Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany - would also seek access to documents and people where the tunnel complex is being built.
The six countries are due to meet on Thursday in Geneva with Iranian officials.
The Post`s sources said that failure to give a serious response by the end of the year would bring a strong push for harsh economic and financial sanctions with the intention of crippling Iran`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience