US to demand opening of Iranian nuclear site: Report
Washington: The world powers led by the US will insist in a meeting on Thursday with an Iranian delegation that Tehran immediately open its newly revealed nuclear plant to international inspectors, the Washington Post reported online.
The existence of the second Iranian nuclear facility was revealed on Friday in an announcement by US President Barack Obama, who joined with leaders from Britain and France to accuse Tehran of concealing from UN inspectors the plant, which is believed to be intended for enriching uranium.
Citing administration officials in an article posted late Saturday, the paper said that the six countries heading into talks with Iran - the US, Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany - would also seek access to documents and people where the tunnel complex is being built.
The six countries are due to meet on Thursday in Geneva with Iranian officials.
The Post`s sources said that failure to give a serious response by the end of the year would bring a strong push for harsh economic and financial sanctions with the intention of crippling Iran`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders