`US to destroy Syrian air power if Geneva talks fail`
Dead Sea: US Senator John McCain said on Saturday that if the second Geneva conference on the Syria issue failed, his country would act to take out the air power of the Syrian government.
"There are serious consequences if the talks in Geneva seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis fail. Then we will increase aid to the rebels ... the fall of Assad is inevitable," McCain said at a press conference on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum here, reported Xinhua.
"Air power is a decisive factor and cruise missiles can be used to take Assad`s air power out. We can take out his runways and air power capabilities," he said.
McCain, a senior member of the US Senate Armed Services Committee, revealed talks between regional parties and Washington about establishing no-fly zones in Syria were in process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'