`US to destroy Syrian air power if Geneva talks fail`
Dead Sea: US Senator John McCain said on Saturday that if the second Geneva conference on the Syria issue failed, his country would act to take out the air power of the Syrian government.
"There are serious consequences if the talks in Geneva seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis fail. Then we will increase aid to the rebels ... the fall of Assad is inevitable," McCain said at a press conference on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum here, reported Xinhua.
"Air power is a decisive factor and cruise missiles can be used to take Assad`s air power out. We can take out his runways and air power capabilities," he said.
McCain, a senior member of the US Senate Armed Services Committee, revealed talks between regional parties and Washington about establishing no-fly zones in Syria were in process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP