`US to destroy Syrian air power if Geneva talks fail`
Dead Sea: US Senator John McCain said on Saturday that if the second Geneva conference on the Syria issue failed, his country would act to take out the air power of the Syrian government.
"There are serious consequences if the talks in Geneva seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis fail. Then we will increase aid to the rebels ... the fall of Assad is inevitable," McCain said at a press conference on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum here, reported Xinhua.
"Air power is a decisive factor and cruise missiles can be used to take Assad`s air power out. We can take out his runways and air power capabilities," he said.
McCain, a senior member of the US Senate Armed Services Committee, revealed talks between regional parties and Washington about establishing no-fly zones in Syria were in process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery