`US to destroy Syrian air power if Geneva talks fail`
Dead Sea: US Senator John McCain said on Saturday that if the second Geneva conference on the Syria issue failed, his country would act to take out the air power of the Syrian government.
"There are serious consequences if the talks in Geneva seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis fail. Then we will increase aid to the rebels ... the fall of Assad is inevitable," McCain said at a press conference on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum here, reported Xinhua.
"Air power is a decisive factor and cruise missiles can be used to take Assad`s air power out. We can take out his runways and air power capabilities," he said.
McCain, a senior member of the US Senate Armed Services Committee, revealed talks between regional parties and Washington about establishing no-fly zones in Syria were in process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note