`US to destroy Syrian air power if Geneva talks fail`
Dead Sea: US Senator John McCain said on Saturday that if the second Geneva conference on the Syria issue failed, his country would act to take out the air power of the Syrian government.
"There are serious consequences if the talks in Geneva seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis fail. Then we will increase aid to the rebels ... the fall of Assad is inevitable," McCain said at a press conference on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum here, reported Xinhua.
"Air power is a decisive factor and cruise missiles can be used to take Assad`s air power out. We can take out his runways and air power capabilities," he said.
McCain, a senior member of the US Senate Armed Services Committee, revealed talks between regional parties and Washington about establishing no-fly zones in Syria were in process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY