US to give additional $155 mn aid to Syrians
Washington: The US Tuesday announced it was providing the conflict-hit Syrian people an additional $155 million in humanitarian aid.
The new aid will "help meet the acute needs of people inside Syria and refugees across the region who are affected by the violence in Syria", Xinhua quoted State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland as saying in a statement.
The new funding includes the $10 million announced last week in Turkey by a visiting US delegation, she said.
The total US aid to Syria has now reached $365 million.
Last week, senior US officials, including Ambassador to Syria Robert Ford, visited camps for displaced Syrians in Turkey and held talks with Turkish officials.
During the visit, the delegation announced that Washington would give $10 million of aid to help supply daily food to 210,000 people in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing