US to give additional $155 mn aid to Syrians
Washington: The US Tuesday announced it was providing the conflict-hit Syrian people an additional $155 million in humanitarian aid.
The new aid will "help meet the acute needs of people inside Syria and refugees across the region who are affected by the violence in Syria", Xinhua quoted State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland as saying in a statement.
The new funding includes the $10 million announced last week in Turkey by a visiting US delegation, she said.
The total US aid to Syria has now reached $365 million.
Last week, senior US officials, including Ambassador to Syria Robert Ford, visited camps for displaced Syrians in Turkey and held talks with Turkish officials.
During the visit, the delegation announced that Washington would give $10 million of aid to help supply daily food to 210,000 people in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!