US to recognize Syrian opposition offices as `foreign mission`
In a boost to the Syrian opposition, Washington is to recognize its offices in the United States as foreign diplomatic missions, US officials said Monday as the opposition chief prepares for high-level talks here.
The move, ahead of the first official visit by the head of the National Coalition Ahmad Jarba, aims "to empower the Syrian moderate opposition and bolster its efforts to assist people who need help inside Syria," a senior US administration figure told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred