US to recognize Syrian opposition offices as `foreign mission`
In a boost to the Syrian opposition, Washington is to recognize its offices in the United States as foreign diplomatic missions, US officials said Monday as the opposition chief prepares for high-level talks here.
The move, ahead of the first official visit by the head of the National Coalition Ahmad Jarba, aims "to empower the Syrian moderate opposition and bolster its efforts to assist people who need help inside Syria," a senior US administration figure told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read