US toddler who served as ‘best man’ dies of cancer
Washington: The terminally ill two-year-old son of an American couple who served as the best man at their wedding last week died on Tuesday.
Logan Stevenson was born with a rare genetic disorder, Fanconi anaemia that often leads to cancer. "I held him all day he was comfortable with his medication then at 8:18 my son took his last breath in my arms Logan passed away im so sad upset and im in disbelief he is with angels and he`s in no more pain," Logan`s mother Christine Swidorsky said in a post on her Facebook page.
"No more sickness no more hospitals. We love all of u for all your prayers thank u all for caring god bless u all! And most of all god bless Logan I`ll c u in my dreams my son," she was quoted as saying by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Logan`s parents, Christine and Sean Stevenson, had moved up the date of their wedding to ensure he would be alive to share in the ceremony held on August 3 in Jeannette, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Doctors said on July 26 that Logan Stevenson has one to two weeks left to live. Logan has been in and out of hospitals since he was born on October 22, 2010, weighing just 3 pounds.
Logan had also lost a kidney to a tumour. His once big, beautiful curls are no longer atop his head. Logan`s story was picked up across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened