US toddler who served as ‘best man’ dies of cancer
Washington: The terminally ill two-year-old son of an American couple who served as the best man at their wedding last week died on Tuesday.
Logan Stevenson was born with a rare genetic disorder, Fanconi anaemia that often leads to cancer. "I held him all day he was comfortable with his medication then at 8:18 my son took his last breath in my arms Logan passed away im so sad upset and im in disbelief he is with angels and he`s in no more pain," Logan`s mother Christine Swidorsky said in a post on her Facebook page.
"No more sickness no more hospitals. We love all of u for all your prayers thank u all for caring god bless u all! And most of all god bless Logan I`ll c u in my dreams my son," she was quoted as saying by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Logan`s parents, Christine and Sean Stevenson, had moved up the date of their wedding to ensure he would be alive to share in the ceremony held on August 3 in Jeannette, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Doctors said on July 26 that Logan Stevenson has one to two weeks left to live. Logan has been in and out of hospitals since he was born on October 22, 2010, weighing just 3 pounds.
Logan had also lost a kidney to a tumour. His once big, beautiful curls are no longer atop his head. Logan`s story was picked up across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset