US Treasury imposes sanctions on Iran`s airline
Washington: The US is penalising an Iranian commercial airline that it says is helping Iran’s feared special operations forces.
The Treasury Department says Mahan Air provides financial, material and technological support to the Quds Force and to Hezbollah.
A Treasury statement says the airline ferries personnel between Iran and Syria for military training and helps Iranian officers covertly travel abroad.
The Quds Force is part of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard military unit. The US says a Quds member who’s at large in Iran plotted to assassinate Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the United States.
The US is banning Americans from doing business with the airline and is blocking any assets the airline might have in the US.
The Treasury Department says Mahan’s crews also shipped Iranian arms, some on behalf of Hezbollah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video