US troops eating scorpions, drinking cobra blood: Report
London: It`s not hamburger or soft
drinks, but US troops have been eating scorpions and drinking
cobra blood at a military exercise camp in Thailand, a British
newspaper has claimed.
According to `The Sun`, during the exercise, Thai
Navy instructors have been teaching the American troops how to
crunch lizards, catch and kill cobras, and then cut off their
heads before drinking the blood straight from the body.
However, animal rights campaigners have condemned the
war games, involving 14,000 troops from countries, including
Singapore, Japan, South Korea and Indonesia.
Animal Aid Director Andrew Tyler said: "It`s a
macho and stupid exercise that seems to have been carried out
as some sort of sick entertainment. These might be small
creatures but to kill and eat them needlessly is wrong. It`s
the joy they get from it that`s most worrying.
"Anyway, American soldiers are never going to need
to eat scorpions. They don`t go anywhere without flying in
But, US Ambassador to Thailand Eric John said: "The
exercise is designed to enhance skills needed for peace and
stability operations. The work our troops have done here can
help to save lives."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof