US-Turkey relations not affected by blast: Envoy
Ankara: American Ambassador to Turkey Francis Ricciardone has said Washington`s close cooperation with Turkey will continue and Friday`s bombing outside the US embassy here "will not affect Turkish-American relations".
Ricciardone made the remarks outside the embassy building after a suicide bombing in front of the embassy in the capital Ankara killed two people and wounded three others, Xinhua reported.
"This attack will not affect Turkish-American relations and we (the US) still see you (Turkey) as a friend," Ricciardone was quoted as saying.
One of the dead was a US security guard and the other was the suicide bomber.
Meanwhile, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his country will stand united against terrorist attacks.
"All these (attacks) are against the peace and welfare of our country. We will stand tall, we will stand strong and overcome these (attacks). We will never say enough, we will never say `this is the end`, we will get stronger as we grow," Erdogan was quoted as saying by the Hurriyet Daily News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100