US-Turkey relations not affected by blast: Envoy
Ankara: American Ambassador to Turkey Francis Ricciardone has said Washington`s close cooperation with Turkey will continue and Friday`s bombing outside the US embassy here "will not affect Turkish-American relations".
Ricciardone made the remarks outside the embassy building after a suicide bombing in front of the embassy in the capital Ankara killed two people and wounded three others, Xinhua reported.
"This attack will not affect Turkish-American relations and we (the US) still see you (Turkey) as a friend," Ricciardone was quoted as saying.
One of the dead was a US security guard and the other was the suicide bomber.
Meanwhile, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his country will stand united against terrorist attacks.
"All these (attacks) are against the peace and welfare of our country. We will stand tall, we will stand strong and overcome these (attacks). We will never say enough, we will never say `this is the end`, we will get stronger as we grow," Erdogan was quoted as saying by the Hurriyet Daily News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!