US used false `chemical weapon` information to justify its `military aid`: Syria
London: Syria has strongly denied US claims that it used `chemical weapons` in order to justify its move of providing ` military aid`.
Syria`s foreign ministry said that US was resorting to `cheap tactics` by using `fabricated information` to justify its move of arming the rebels, BBC reports.
Deputy National Security Adviser, Ben Rhodes, said that president Obama has made the decision to increase assistance, which includes `military support` to the rebels` Supreme Military Council (SMC) constituting the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
According to the report, US` limited support to the rebels till now included providing ration and giving medical supplies.
The CIA is expected to co-ordinate delivery of the military equipment and train the rebel soldiers in how to use it.
Rhodes said that the US intelligence community believed Syrian government forces had used chemical weapons, including the nerve agent sarin, on a small scale against the opposition on several occasions in the past year killing around 150 people.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon`s spokesman said that he remained against `any further militarisation` of the Syria conflict, adding that the people there needed peace, not more weapons.
Meanwhile, Moscow agreed that the evidence about Syria`s usage of chemical weapons appears `unconvincing`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar