US used false `chemical weapon` information to justify its `military aid`: Syria
London: Syria has strongly denied US claims that it used `chemical weapons` in order to justify its move of providing ` military aid`.
Syria`s foreign ministry said that US was resorting to `cheap tactics` by using `fabricated information` to justify its move of arming the rebels, BBC reports.
Deputy National Security Adviser, Ben Rhodes, said that president Obama has made the decision to increase assistance, which includes `military support` to the rebels` Supreme Military Council (SMC) constituting the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
According to the report, US` limited support to the rebels till now included providing ration and giving medical supplies.
The CIA is expected to co-ordinate delivery of the military equipment and train the rebel soldiers in how to use it.
Rhodes said that the US intelligence community believed Syrian government forces had used chemical weapons, including the nerve agent sarin, on a small scale against the opposition on several occasions in the past year killing around 150 people.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon`s spokesman said that he remained against `any further militarisation` of the Syria conflict, adding that the people there needed peace, not more weapons.
Meanwhile, Moscow agreed that the evidence about Syria`s usage of chemical weapons appears `unconvincing`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation