US using all legal options to get Snowden back: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama on Tuesday said the US was "following all appropriate legal channels" to apprehend fugitive American whistleblower Edward Snowden, who fled Hong Kong and landed in Moscow.
In brief remarks to White House reporters, Obama said, "What we know is that we are following all the appropriate legal channels and working with various other countries to make sure that the rule of law is observed."
Earlier, the White House said that the decision to allow Snowden to leave Hong Kong will damage US-China relations, and asked Russia to hand him over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees