US vice president calls Nick Clegg
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden has called up new Deputy Prime Minister of Britain Nick Clegg and discussed a wide range of strategic challenges facing both the countries.
"The Vice President congratulated Clegg on his new role as Deputy Prime Minister and said he looked forward to working with the new government in the United Kingdom on the range of strategic challenges facing both countries," the White House said in a statement yesterday.
"The Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister Clegg discussed the economic situation in Europe, and the need for continued decisive action to meet the challenges facing European economies," the White House said.
Biden said he looks forward to meeting Deputy Prime Minister Clegg in person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder