US vice president speaks to Egypt counterpart
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden telephoned Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman on Thursday and stressed the Egyptian government is responsible for ensuring peaceful protests do not lead to violence.
Biden called for "restraint by all sides”, according to a White House statement, and urged that inclusive negotiations begin in order for Egypt to move to a democratic government.
"He stressed that the Egyptian government is responsible for ensuring that peaceful demonstrations don`t lead to violence and intimidation and for allowing journalists and human rights advocates to conduct their important work, including immediately releasing those who have been detained," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday