US vice president speaks to Egypt counterpart
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden telephoned Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman on Thursday and stressed the Egyptian government is responsible for ensuring peaceful protests do not lead to violence.
Biden called for "restraint by all sides”, according to a White House statement, and urged that inclusive negotiations begin in order for Egypt to move to a democratic government.
"He stressed that the Egyptian government is responsible for ensuring that peaceful demonstrations don`t lead to violence and intimidation and for allowing journalists and human rights advocates to conduct their important work, including immediately releasing those who have been detained," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video