US Vice President`s son discharged from hospital
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden`s son was discharged from hospital on Friday after undergoing an unspecified "successful procedure" at a Texas cancer center.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden left a Houston hospital this morning and was feeling good, working by telephone and ready to follow up with his doctors, relatives said.
Biden is "up and around and feeling good," Valerie Biden Owens, his aunt, was quoted as saying by USA Today after talking to him by telephone. "He said, `Aunt Val, I`m coming home! I`m good.` "
Beau Biden later in a Twitter post said, "On our way home! Can`t wait to get back. Thank you, Houston." The tweet included a photo of him with his wife and parents.
Biden left the hospital with his father, according to KPRC-TV.
The Vice President accompanied his eldest son to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, issued a statement through the White House press office yesterday afternoon saying, "yesterday our son Beau underwent a successful procedure.
"He is in great shape and is going to be discharged tomorrow and heading home to Delaware," the statement said. "He will follow up with his local physicians in the coming weeks."
The Vice President`s statement did not reveal any details about the 44-year-old Biden`s condition, medical test results or specifics about the procedure conducted at Anderson.
Beau Biden, elected in 2006 and re-elected in 2010, had suffered a mild stroke more than three years ago and last week became "weak and disoriented" after driving to Indiana for a family vacation. Before going to the Texas cancer center, he also spent time at hospitals in Chicago and Philadelphia.
Biden was admitted to a hospital last week after feeling weak and disoriented following a long drive to Indiana for a family vacation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30