US waiter suspended for `fat girls` comment on bill
New York: A server in a US restaurant has been suspended after referring to three women customers as "fat girls" on their bill.
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles say their enjoyable meal at Chilly D`s Sports Lounge in Stockton, California ended painfully when the waiter plopped down the offensive receipt on their table.
"I got the bill, and I was like `Why does the receipt say `fat girls`?`" Duran told News 10.
Duran`s friends initially refused to believe her, the `New York Daily News` reported.
"I was laughing at her, and she was like `I`m serious`. I`m like No, it does not say fat girls. Let me see it,`" Huerta said.
The women confronted the waiter, who denied any involvement, saying the slur was likely entered by the server who had taken their order.
The women demanded to see the manager, who then offered the ladies 25 per cent off their bill - a move that provoked further outrage among the girls.
"He had like a smirk on his face, like if it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh. He was like `Well, I can do 50 per cent,` and we were just like `Are you serious?" Huerta said.
The manager later said he was "appalled" by the incident.
"I just want to tell them that we`re sincerely sorry for that and that we`ll do everything in our power to make sure that this never happens to anyone ever again," said Jimmy Seimers, the manager.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference