US waiter suspended for `fat girls` comment on bill
New York: A server in a US restaurant has been suspended after referring to three women customers as "fat girls" on their bill.
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles say their enjoyable meal at Chilly D`s Sports Lounge in Stockton, California ended painfully when the waiter plopped down the offensive receipt on their table.
"I got the bill, and I was like `Why does the receipt say `fat girls`?`" Duran told News 10.
Duran`s friends initially refused to believe her, the `New York Daily News` reported.
"I was laughing at her, and she was like `I`m serious`. I`m like No, it does not say fat girls. Let me see it,`" Huerta said.
The women confronted the waiter, who denied any involvement, saying the slur was likely entered by the server who had taken their order.
The women demanded to see the manager, who then offered the ladies 25 per cent off their bill - a move that provoked further outrage among the girls.
"He had like a smirk on his face, like if it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh. He was like `Well, I can do 50 per cent,` and we were just like `Are you serious?" Huerta said.
The manager later said he was "appalled" by the incident.
"I just want to tell them that we`re sincerely sorry for that and that we`ll do everything in our power to make sure that this never happens to anyone ever again," said Jimmy Seimers, the manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi