US waits for result of probe into Israel car blast
Washington: The United States on Tuesday said that it would wait for the results of the investigations into the bombing on an Israeli diplomatic vehicle in New Delhi before determining any possible Iranian role in it.
"We are not going to prejudge this. We`re going to await the investigation. However, we do note that it comes in the context of a whole series of these kind of things," State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland told reporters.
Nuland was responding to questions on the Israeli allegations that Iran was behind the attacks on its diplomats in New Delhi, India, and Georgia.
A motorcycle-borne assailant had stuck a bomb on the car in which the Israeli embassy employee was travelling that exploded injuring her and others in New Delhi on Monday.
"What I would say is that with regard to this bombing, the incidents in Delhi, incidents in Georgia, while we will await the results of the investigations, these events do come on the heels of other disrupted attacks targeted at Israel and Western interests, including an Iranian-sponsored attack in Baku, Azerbaijan, and a Hezbollah-linked attack in Bangkok, Thailand, before this," she said.
The US, she said, has offered its assistance to India. "I don`t know where we are in terms of the Indian government taking advantage of that, but we have offered to be of assistance if that will be helpful," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back