US wants close ties with ASEAN
Phnom Penh: The US wants to strengthen relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday.
She was speaking at the 4th ASEAN-US Post Ministerial Conference, Xinhua reported.
Clinton said the Obama administration has elevated engagement across Asia as a strategic priority of the US foreign policy.
"A central pillar of that policy is to work more closely with ASEAN in order to deepen our economics, strategies and people to people engagement," she said.
The meeting was attended by the foreign ministers ASEAN nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Clinton arrived here Wednesday afternoon for the meeting that will last till July 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing