US wants close ties with ASEAN
Phnom Penh: The US wants to strengthen relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday.
She was speaking at the 4th ASEAN-US Post Ministerial Conference, Xinhua reported.
Clinton said the Obama administration has elevated engagement across Asia as a strategic priority of the US foreign policy.
"A central pillar of that policy is to work more closely with ASEAN in order to deepen our economics, strategies and people to people engagement," she said.
The meeting was attended by the foreign ministers ASEAN nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Clinton arrived here Wednesday afternoon for the meeting that will last till July 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL