US wants close ties with ASEAN
Phnom Penh: The US wants to strengthen relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday.
She was speaking at the 4th ASEAN-US Post Ministerial Conference, Xinhua reported.
Clinton said the Obama administration has elevated engagement across Asia as a strategic priority of the US foreign policy.
"A central pillar of that policy is to work more closely with ASEAN in order to deepen our economics, strategies and people to people engagement," she said.
The meeting was attended by the foreign ministers ASEAN nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Clinton arrived here Wednesday afternoon for the meeting that will last till July 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter