`US wants relations with Pak on upward trajectory`
Washington: As Pakistan conducts a
Parliamentary review of its bilateral ties with US, a State
Department official said Washington wants to have its
relationship with Pakistan always on an upward trajectory.
"We obviously always want our relationship with Pakistan
to be on an upward trajectory," the State Department
spokesperson, Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
US, she said, wants to improve its relationship with
However, Nuland refused to answer questions related to the
announcement of appointment of a new ISI chief.
Pakistan-US relations have been buffeted by several crises
since last year, including the gunning down of two Pakistani
men by a CIA contractor in Lahore, the killing of Osama bin
Laden by American commandos in Abbottabad and a cross-border
NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
Gilani ordered a Parliamentary review of bilateral
relations and new "terms of engagement" for the US will be
unveiled after a joint session of the two houses of Parliament
that is likely to be held later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India