`US wants relations with Pak on upward trajectory`
Washington: As Pakistan conducts a
Parliamentary review of its bilateral ties with US, a State
Department official said Washington wants to have its
relationship with Pakistan always on an upward trajectory.
"We obviously always want our relationship with Pakistan
to be on an upward trajectory," the State Department
spokesperson, Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
US, she said, wants to improve its relationship with
However, Nuland refused to answer questions related to the
announcement of appointment of a new ISI chief.
Pakistan-US relations have been buffeted by several crises
since last year, including the gunning down of two Pakistani
men by a CIA contractor in Lahore, the killing of Osama bin
Laden by American commandos in Abbottabad and a cross-border
NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
Gilani ordered a Parliamentary review of bilateral
relations and new "terms of engagement" for the US will be
unveiled after a joint session of the two houses of Parliament
that is likely to be held later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog