`US wants relations with Pak on upward trajectory`
Washington: As Pakistan conducts a
Parliamentary review of its bilateral ties with US, a State
Department official said Washington wants to have its
relationship with Pakistan always on an upward trajectory.
"We obviously always want our relationship with Pakistan
to be on an upward trajectory," the State Department
spokesperson, Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
US, she said, wants to improve its relationship with
However, Nuland refused to answer questions related to the
announcement of appointment of a new ISI chief.
Pakistan-US relations have been buffeted by several crises
since last year, including the gunning down of two Pakistani
men by a CIA contractor in Lahore, the killing of Osama bin
Laden by American commandos in Abbottabad and a cross-border
NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
Gilani ordered a Parliamentary review of bilateral
relations and new "terms of engagement" for the US will be
unveiled after a joint session of the two houses of Parliament
that is likely to be held later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"