`US wants relations with Pak on upward trajectory`
Washington: As Pakistan conducts a
Parliamentary review of its bilateral ties with US, a State
Department official said Washington wants to have its
relationship with Pakistan always on an upward trajectory.
"We obviously always want our relationship with Pakistan
to be on an upward trajectory," the State Department
spokesperson, Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
US, she said, wants to improve its relationship with
However, Nuland refused to answer questions related to the
announcement of appointment of a new ISI chief.
Pakistan-US relations have been buffeted by several crises
since last year, including the gunning down of two Pakistani
men by a CIA contractor in Lahore, the killing of Osama bin
Laden by American commandos in Abbottabad and a cross-border
NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
Gilani ordered a Parliamentary review of bilateral
relations and new "terms of engagement" for the US will be
unveiled after a joint session of the two houses of Parliament
that is likely to be held later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened