`US wants relations with Pak on upward trajectory`
Washington: As Pakistan conducts a
Parliamentary review of its bilateral ties with US, a State
Department official said Washington wants to have its
relationship with Pakistan always on an upward trajectory.
"We obviously always want our relationship with Pakistan
to be on an upward trajectory," the State Department
spokesperson, Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
US, she said, wants to improve its relationship with
However, Nuland refused to answer questions related to the
announcement of appointment of a new ISI chief.
Pakistan-US relations have been buffeted by several crises
since last year, including the gunning down of two Pakistani
men by a CIA contractor in Lahore, the killing of Osama bin
Laden by American commandos in Abbottabad and a cross-border
NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
Gilani ordered a Parliamentary review of bilateral
relations and new "terms of engagement" for the US will be
unveiled after a joint session of the two houses of Parliament
that is likely to be held later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers