US wants to see N Korea return to six-party talks
Washington: The Obama administration has said that it wants North Korea to return to six-party talks.
Refusing to draw conclusion on the sinking of a ship allegedly by North Korea till investigations continue, the Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, PJ Crowley, on Wednesday said: "We want to see North Korea come back to the six-party process."
Asserting that the US is committed to this with its partners, Crowley said: "Clearly, provocative actions that North Korea takes have an impact on the broader environment. So I wouldn`t predict anything going forward. On the investigation itself, let`s find out and conclude what is responsible for the sinking of the ship, and we`ll draw implications from that."
Noting that ships don`t normally sink of their own accord; they can occasionally, Crowley said, "But that`s one of the reasons why we are supporting the South Korean effort. The ship has been raised and we should be able to answer these questions in time."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case