US wants to take clean energy lead: WH
Washington: The Obama Administration is keen to ensure that India, China or Europe do not take lead in clean energy industries that are vital to the 21st century, a top White House official has said.
It is need of the hour to work for creation of these industries in the United States, and create jobs in this country, White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, told reporters at a news conference.
"The broader principle here is that we need to build those industries in the United States, because they will be vital industries in the 21st century and if we don`t build them here, they will be built in China or Europe or India or elsewhere, and jobs will be created in China or India or Europe or elsewhere.
"This President was not willing to cede these key 21st century industries to the Chinese or the Indians or the Europeans or others," he said in response to a question.
Carney said the investments made by the federal government in the economy has supported hundreds of thousands of jobs.
"Even more significantly, they have helped clean energy industries here in the United States expand and place roots into the American economy in a way that will continue to pay dividends economically for years to come," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest