US warplanes to hold drills ahead of NATO summit
Washington: The US military will hold air drills over Chicago on Friday to ensure security ahead of a NATO summit there, an official said.
"Providing the air defence for special security events like this year`s NATO summit is a part of our day-to-day mission," said Lt Gen Sid Clarke, Continental US NORAD (North American Aerospace Defence Command) Region commander.
Temporary flight restriction will be introduced over Chicago during the summit on May 20-21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway