US weapons killing Arab protesters: Iran
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad Monday said it was weapons manufactured and
delivered to "dictators" by the United States that were
killing protesters in uprisings around the Arab world.
The hardliner said that the United States and its
allies must be blamed for imposing dictatorships on regional
countries now in the grip of deadly revolts.
These "dictators who are killing their own people are
incapable of manufacturing even simple things and they are
killing their people with weapons they bought from America and
its allies," the Fars news agency quoted Ahmadinejad as
"The American government and its allies should be held
accountable for imposing dictatorship on these nations in the
past 30 to 40 years... and they (Western officials) are now
claiming that they are supporters of people and democracy."
Iranian officials have expressed support for the wave
of protests that began in Tunisia and Egypt and have spread
around the region, now threatening longstanding regimes in
Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.
Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei described the
events as an "Islamic awakening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday