US welcomes tougher EU sanctions on Iran
Washington: The US on Monday welcomed the new European Union sanctions on Iran, saying that this would further isolate the Iranian regime over its nuclear programme.
"The United States welcomes the adoption by the European Union of significant new sanctions of the Iranian government in response to the Iranian government`s continued violation of its international obligations regarding its nuclear programnme," said White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
In his interaction with reporters, Carney said this latest EU move would continue to isolate Iran`s government.
"As you know, rallying the world to isolate Iran and increase the pressure on its leadership so that they stop pursuing a nuclear weapon has been a top priority for the president since the day he took office," Carney said.
"Thanks to that leadership, Iran is under more pressure than ever before," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style