US welcomes tougher EU sanctions on Iran
Washington: The US on Monday welcomed the new European Union sanctions on Iran, saying that this would further isolate the Iranian regime over its nuclear programme.
"The United States welcomes the adoption by the European Union of significant new sanctions of the Iranian government in response to the Iranian government`s continued violation of its international obligations regarding its nuclear programnme," said White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
In his interaction with reporters, Carney said this latest EU move would continue to isolate Iran`s government.
"As you know, rallying the world to isolate Iran and increase the pressure on its leadership so that they stop pursuing a nuclear weapon has been a top priority for the president since the day he took office," Carney said.
"Thanks to that leadership, Iran is under more pressure than ever before," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31