US WikiLeaks hearing reaches closing arguments
Fort Meade(US): Closing arguments are scheduled in a pretrial hearing for a US Army private accused of sending classified information to the WikiLeaks secrets-spilling website.
The summations on Tuesday follow 10 days of testimony. Bradley Manning argues that the case should be dismissed because he suffered illegal pretrial punishment during nine months in the Marine Corps brig in Virginia.
The government contends the tight restrictions were to keep Manning safe and prevent him from killing or hurting himself. He was confined at least 23 hours a day, sometimes with no clothing, in a small cell.
The 24-year-old is charged with 22 offenses, including aiding the enemy. That offense carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!