US `willing` to provide evidence to DSK accuser
New York: Federal authorities in the United States have now said that they are willing to provide the evidence being sought by the New York hotel maid who claimed former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn tried to rape her.
In court papers, the Manhattan US Attorney`s Office said Immigration and Customs Enforcement would make "a good-faith effort to be cooperative and resolve this issue without further litigation”.
According to the New York Post, earlier, the feds had said they would fight a subpoena for various records that Nafissatou Diallo wants for her civil lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn.
Manhattan federal Judge Paul Crotty has given both sides time until October 04 to hammer out a deal over the requested records, which includes audiotapes and transcripts of phone conversations Diallo had with a jailed person a day after Strauss-Kahn was arrested.
According to the paper, but if a "mutually agreeable resolution" can`t be reached, the feds said that they will seek to quash Diallo`s subpoena on the grounds that the Bronx judge who signed it "lacked subject matter jurisdiction due to ICE`s sovereign immunity as a federal agency of the US government”.
The Manhattan DA`s Office dropped sodomy and attempted-rape charges against Strauss-Kahn after investigators said they caught Diallo in several lies.
Strauss-Kahn was, however, sacked as IMF chief in the wake of the allegations, and has been engulfed in a series of sex scandals since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city